There are numerous security loopholes that make an organization vulnerable to hacking. And just like there are loopholes; similarly, there are ways to cover those loopholes too in order to eliminate hacking vulnerability to protect a company. The government has been making a lot of efforts to increase awareness about the importance of cybersecurity that’s essential for personal safety as well as the safety of an entire organization. So, if interested, below is a list of some tips that will help you in strengthening the security of your assets against unethical hackers. But before learning about the tips, you should understand the reasons that cause security issues.
Cyber Mistakes That Hackers Exploit To Damage An Organization
There are many mistakes at the end of a company that hackers exploit to forcefully gain access in the security system. The most common and most lethal of all such mistakes are given below.
- Leaving the backdoor password at default
- Not installing security cameras for protection against hacking caused at the hands of rouge employees who steal credible information about the company
- Not taking the aid of professionals to keep the system bug-free. And it is just 1 system that needs to be exposed to bugs and hackers can gain access to all the systems with the help of one corrupt system
Some Cyber Safety Tips That Help An Organization Grow
To begin with, the guide below will give you information on how to protect your system from hackers followed by a list of some features that you can analyze to detect if your system is already hacked.
- Use a firewall to double secure the dvr system
- Change the default backdoor password to something that’s at least 20-25 characters long and a stunning combination of small alphabet, capital letters, numbers, and symbols
- Frequently update the firmware of the software you’re using. Updates provided are the only ways to constantly eliminate the much hackable bugs
- Make use of antivirus to scan apps, files, and external devices
- Not connecting unlimited devices with the dvr, but just a few like security cameras to store surveillance footage
- Running upgraded scans for network testing and software testing. It will help in checking the entire software to fix bugs
- Not clicking on flagged emails that might slip hidden viruses and malware in your system to spy on your activities and steal your data
How To Find Out If Your Security Cameras Are Compromised?
Compromised security cameras emit the following signs that can be used to identify if they’re being used by unauthorized people.
- If the backdoor password reverts to default without your command
- If the camera starts producing loud and strange purring sound and noises
- If the webcam starts operate inn its own